What is the Bamyan Environment Center?
The ‘Bamyan Environmental Conservation Centre’ (BEC) is a multi-purpose indoor and outdoor space where environmental education and knowledge sharing happens in a locally appropriate and enjoyable way tailored to the knowledge, needs and background of different local stakeholders. Information will be shared through active demonstration areas showcasing varied green technology and ecological interventions that support sustainable development and the needs of the local populous. There will be posters, books and online material and also strong focus on participation and interaction through formats such as knowledge sharing workshops, participatory mapping, discussions, theatre, and film, games and training events.
The indoor space will act as a hub for data storage and bibliographic resources to support research studies and environmental information needs in Afghanistan.
The Knowledge Centre’s collection
The collection can be categorised into eight main groups and nearly all materials are related to nature conservation or natural resource management.
- Technical Reports
- General Publications
- Conference Proceedings
- Powerpoint Presentations
The environmental center is open to everyone and welcomes all members of the public who are interested in one or more of the following:
- A fully catalogued physical and online library with study space,
- An outdoor and indoor exhibition room furnished with educational material such as information posters, artifacts on Display, photography, art,
- Demonstration of green technologies such as clean burning stoves, solar water heaters and hydraulic irrigation pumps
- Demonstration of different sustainable livelihood such as beekeeping and fruit drying
- Willow Weave structures
- Manure Tea demonstration area
- Compost demonstration area
- Eco-San toilet
- A herbarium and medicinal Plant garden
There is also a space for workshops; training; discussions; classes; environmental films; theatre, and knowledge sharing events with guest speakers to talk on issues of sustainable development, conservation and natural resource management.
To arrange an appointment to come to the center please call: or email: firstname.lastname@example.org but please be aware that we may not be able to respond to your emails immediately.
Bamyan Environment Center Brochure here